Friday 9 November 2007

Finaly its a Friday:thank God for that






Today was a very busy day for me ;am glad its now evening and I am looking forward to my trip tomorrow.
Why was i busy?I have being trying to send this Research article for publication in a peer reviewed journal.Imagine it took me the whole day.
Tomorrow I am going to Portsmouth;to see the harbour ;There is a feery that goes from the port to France-I am not sure whether I want to ride on it.
The trip from London to Port harbour by coach is 4 hours ;i will leave very early in the morning so that i spend the whole day there.I am coming back to London in the evening.

At the momemt i am about to sllep but am admiring the old pictures of my home village back in Mtwalo,Mzimba malawi.
I was there for the unveiling of the tombstone for my father.
My mum is looking miserable.
The other women carrying Nsima are smiling
People are happy sitting on the graves and charting not even thinking why they are there.
I had to borrow the red car from a colleague at Ekwendeni Mission hospital.
The graaas thatched house is my mums kitchen;i feel sorry for her-maybe i need to build her a better structure(one day when am rich).

2 comments:

Bennett Kankuzi said...

Dr Khumbo, the pictures you posted show that you closely resemble your mum. A read at your blog tells me that you are doing a wonderful job in helping people with eyesight problems. May God bless you for that.

On another note, I would really recommend you for being open about your feelings for your mother regarding the kitchen. I do not think that you have to wait to get rich in order to do something for the mother. In my opinion, you can afford to do this right now. It should not be very expensive just to built a simple iron-roofed something. It is usually a pain for many mothers in our villages who continue to live in extreme poverty yet they have very educated children who can turn their situation around. And I think you should consider yourself very lucky that you still have your mother alive. Please Doc, do something for her or should I assume that you are already contemplating doing so?

Sorry if I have invaded your privacy but I thought I should comment on the post. May God richly bless you Doc.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that you talked about your mother's kitchen that way. Do something now for her if you have not done already. or are you just one of the many who show off that they are MDs but yet they really stink. By the way, many docs do not have blogs but they accomplish much silently.