Wednesday 25 February 2009

Thank you for your support British Council for Prevention of blindness

After being in London for a while ,I am back in Blantyre and we are preparing for the next training session of eye health workers which will take place in Zomba on Friday 27th 2009
We are training the second group of health workers to identify blind and severe visual impaired children in Malawi
I will be talking about VISION2020: VISION2020 the Right to Sight global initiative to eliminate blindness by the year 2020 and why its important that children with visual impairment are identified as early as possible This work is being supported by the British council for the Prevention of blindness, (www.bcpb.org), through the London school of Hygiene and Tropical medicine where I am partly based .
The last group of training went well ,I was busy taking pictures of the facilitators and the participants so I am not included in the photos. This was a group of volunteers from Likangala in Zomba.Unfortunatley the intrenet is so slow i cant attach any
In less than 3 weeks time we will be going back to the field to examine the children they have identified .This is the part I love most ,as you get to see the rural areas of Malawi
Well , I enjoy being an eye doctor in rural Malawi

What do you do?

Email me!

No comments: