Monday 15 June 2009

Meetings with Agenda but no progress

I was in Lilongwe the capital city of Malawi over the weekend.We had a meeting on 12th June.One of those where people talk and talk but nothing happens on the ground.I hate meetings .i couldnt go to Zomba for my programee because the Ministry of Health wanted to hear the results of the Trachoma survey that we did in Chikwawa and mchinji last year in august.Imagine they are asking about that now.
I am back in Blantyre ,this week i am busy doing surgeries most of the days ,but next week am off to mangochi ,the lake to introduce my programme of identifying blind children there . i am loking forward to the trip -swimming on the fresh water lake, and ofcourse seeing the children.One has written an article in the Malawian newspapers that the credit crunch is not affecting the ordinary Malawian in the community.Ask me i will tell you the truth.

Email me!

No comments: